Information about AScI Internship
Positions are available in several fields of study ranging from mathematics, physics and computer science to e.g. complex systems and brain research. AScI interns are usually hired for three months, and the typical training period is from 01 June until 31 August. The interns are employed by the departments of the School of Science, the School of Electrical Engineering and the School of Engineering, and the exact timing of the internship may be agreed with the hosting department.
The priority for AScI internship positions is given to students who have not yet been studying or working at Aalto. In addition, these positions are targeted for students coming from Aalto partner universities.
Potential candidates will be contacted in early March 2017.
AScI activities for internship students
"Get to know Finland" course; This course is offered for AScI interns in June.
AScI seminar for interns; In August, AScI will organise a joint event for all internship students. The interns will present the scientific results of their summer work for supervisors, resident AScI academics and other students.
Location of AScI interns
All AScI interns are located on the Aalto University Otaniemi campus in Espoo, Finland.
AScI internship students will receive a salary from their hosting department. The salary is sufficient to cover living costs, for example student accommodation. The salary is determined based on experience and qualifications according to the salary system of Aalto University for student interns. Minimum internship salary is 1450 €/ month.
Aalto University offers housing through
AYY HOUSING (Aalto University student union, AYY.)
Information from year 2014:
- Apartments and rooms are located in the city of Helsinki or on Otaniemi campus area.
- Rental contracts can only be made for fixed term for three months: 1st June- 31st August 2016 and it cannot be terminated.
- Rent is minimum 220€/month.
- 250€ deposit payment is required to be paid before moving in. Deposit payment is paid back to you after your tenancy period, providing, that your room and shared facilities are in good condition and you have paid all your rents.
- Room type: Room in a shared apartment. (Shared facilities in the apartment: kitchen and bathroom)
- Rooms are furnished: bed with mattress, desk, chair, wardrobe.
- Note that you need to bring your own linen, pillow and blanket and basic cutlery.