Internship applicants must be at least second/third year undergraduate students in a suitable field at a recognised university. The applicants must have an academically outstanding background appropriate for the proposed internship topic, and an excellent command of English.
Compulsory appendices to the application form
- Scanned copy of passport or ID card
- Scanned copy of the official transcript of university records listing your completed university studies
- If the transcript is in a language other than English, an authorised translation of the transcript must be submitted.
In addition, please assemble a list of courses + descriptions of courses that will appear in the final transcript (spring courses), but are not in your current transcript.
- Motivation letter: The motivation letter is part of the application form.
- Explain why are you interested in an Aalto Science Institute Intern position, and what are your personal interests in terms of research.
- CV: A summary of your academic and work history with contact details.
- A recommendation letter from a professor or equivalent from your university.
- The recommendations should be written by a university professor or lecturer, namely by a person who has supervised you in either academic or employment capacity. The recommendations must be original.
- AScI will not contact or ask for the letter of recommendation from the referee by email or phone. Only in the case that the applicant is shortlisted by the supervising research group, the referee could be contacted after the deadline of the call.
- Applications without the letter of recommendation will not be processed.
- If you receive your recommendations in a sealed envelope or if the referee wants to send it directly to us, then please upload a note in the eAGE recommendations-section that you will send the recommendation by post or email, or that the referee will send the recommendation letter directly to us (by post or email). Then, please send the recommendation (or have it sent) to the following address:
AScI coordinator, Aalto Science Institute, PO Box 11100 (street Otakaari 1 F, Espoo), FI-00076 Aalto, Finland, Europe
or by email: asci [at] aalto [dot] fi
- Proof of sufficient English skills: TOEFL or IELTS are recommended but not required. You can also send a statement from your university regarding your language skills.
- In case you have work experience or other activities that could support your application, include copies of these documents to your application.
- A seminar report or something you have written as part of your studies to demonstrate your competence in written English.